The Bizarre Manner Mama And I Became Close.




I wouldn't say my relationship with mum was that of "bread and margarine" but was straightforward albeit quite cordial and respectable.

I couldn't talk to her about somethings so she always said I was secretive and often made a joke that I would be better off being in the army because of that since I would not divulge confidential and classified information I may be privy to.

The thing was I could discuss a lot of stuffs with friends who didn't even have experience about the  topic but someway somehow I trusted their judgment and counsel.Fast forward I would have been way better had I spoken to her about certain stuffs but it's unfortunate we can't go back into to so I "right" my wrongs.
I find solace though in the fact that it isn't like it uses to be now,I've become quite close to her.

But all these changed on a faithful Sunday in June when my dad was taken to the hospital as his health deteriorated further and was admitted for sometime(Thank God he's recuperating now).

That's when we had to come together as a family in this trying time to make sure daddy had what we as human beings could provide   so he's clear in his mind he had the needed support and morale necessary for quick recuperation and that we did par excellence.

During the 4 days that dad was admitted at the hospital,I could feel this closeness between us as we could talk about everything and even cracked more jokes to put our minds at ease as dad was on his hospital.
Our new relationship has metamorphosed into something so nice that I told my mum "happy birthday" for the first time in my under-30 life.

Now I can say my mum and I are great friends so much so that we talk about everything from politics to work.

This has really helped me in this short while to do some very brave things which has helped me have more than one job now.
My mum allowed God to use her to further my cause and I am  eternally grateful to her for that.

Even as today marks her 62nd birthday today,I would borrow the words from E.L's joy song which I can relate so much to and say "My mama said work as hard as you can my son.
'cause there's this cloud of witnesses watching you run.
See life is not easy yes I know it can get tough.
So I've been working working, trying keep my turn.
See I've been in and out of trouble and friends have failed.
It's been a long long road but I'll
prevail. it won't be long until I find my destiny.
So when you pray, remember pray for victory.
And she said joy joy joy, joy comes in the morning
joy joy joy, joy comes in the morning.

They say the battle is not for the quick or swift.
No strength of horse or man could ever conquer it.
But there's something inside so strong so deep so great.
And it's pushing me on closer closer to my fate.
Yes I've been in and out of trouble and friends have failed.
it's a long long road but I'll prevail
And it won't be long till you find your destiny.
So when you pray my friend remember pray for victory.
remember joy joy joy, joy comes in the morning.
joy joy joy, joy comes in the morning.
Remember."

NB-This piece was written at 6:10am today.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Prinx;Music Producer Cum Dj Extraordinaire Putting Ghana On The Map

Our Predictions For 3Music Awards 2019

I Was Star-struck When I Met Ofori Amponsah,Not Jay Z-Joey B